Dr. Robert Duncan-Enzmann
The heavens absolutely affect the development of life on Earth. Here is a list of some major epigenetic affecters:
1) Day and Night as the Earth turns: paces all our activities.
2) Daily Lunar tide: dominates seacoast activities.
3) Lunar months’ cycle: modulates seacoast activities (recall what low tides do for professional clam diggers).
4) Lunar months cycle has impressed itself on human physiology: I won’t elaborate.
5) Solar tide is very significant, together Lunar and Solar tides: cycle through year either adding to or subtracting from each other.
6) Earth circles the sun once a year with about 364 sunrises and 365 star rises annually: creates seasons – spring, summer, fall, winter.
7) Jupiter the giant planet does not circle the sun, instead Jupiter and the sun circle what is called a barycenter, which is well outside the sun. It takes a bit over 18 years and is seen on Earth as a long-term weather cycle.
8) Uranus and Neptune modulate the Jupiter/Solar barycentric cycle: the effects are small but there.
9) Radiants, showing when and from what direction meteor, comet, and asteroid showers and impacts come: mark unusual events.
10) Sunspots cycle internally controlled by the sun: modulates Auroral activity and launches weather.
11) Venus, until recently was humanity’s most wonderful clock and is still widely used.
12) Astrology is the parent of Astronomy, the foundation of today’s Cosmology.
13) Our ancestors observed the stars and those around them. They learned that babies conceived in April and born near Winter Solstice were the healthiest and most productive: this was written 12,500 BC.